Sorry it has been a hot minute haha…
I’ve been busy/ maybe somewhat depressed… Lets not open THAT can.
Ok, so I have picked up a few new products and have been testing them out for a couple of weeks. The first one I may have written about before, but I’m gonna do it again.
- Pacifica Pineapple Flower mist -$10 This claims to fight oils and nourish the skin. It smells great! And it makes the face feel refreshed and like the oils are gone…however I have not found that it significantly helps me. I am not saying it doesn’t work though, I just think my skin might be a touch too oily OR I am not using it enough throughout the day. The truth is I use it as a setting spray and only re-apply if I am home.
- Pacifica Kale Detox Deep Cleaning Face Wash – $9 Claims: Removes makeup, cleanses the skin, fights acne/ oil, and tones. First off… it smells like you’re washing your face with a green juice haha But the cleanser is clear. I’m not sure I’ve used it long enough to see a lot of results, but I think its a good face wash. My acne didn’t get too crazy with my period this month and my skin has felt pretty good. I do not use this to remove eye makeup, I still use Neutrogena eye makeup remover, because I’m a little gun shy about soap on the eyes. The Fourth Ray cleanser I used would slip into my eyes every time I washed my face and burned the crap out of them. I can say this one hasn’t done that yet.
- ColourPop So Juicy in Big Slice $7 Claims: Plumps the lips while giving you a shiny finish. I have been wanting to try the So Juicy lip glosses for a while and when their 5th Birthday bash kicked off I didn’t need a better excuse. This comes in a lovely watermelon red shade and gives the lips just enough color with a whole lotta shine. Does it plump? Not really, but it tingles.
- ColourPop So Juicy in Princess Cut $7 Claims: Same as above. This is a perfectly clear gloss and it looks great alone or over your favorite color.
- ColourPop Lippie Stix in Grunge $6 (Sale for $4.20) Claim: Smooth matte lipstick. I am obsessed with these. Seriously the price is incredible for such an amazing lipstick. They’re smooth AF, great pigment, doesn’t fade or smear quickly, wont dry out the lips. I was nervous about Grunge because it looks so dark, but it’s actually an AMAZING color! It is a nice red-brown color and I think it really compliments my skin tone. So 90’s too haha
- ColourPop Lippie Stix in I Heart This Lippie $6 (sale $4.20) This has the same benefits as above, but in a lovely bright pink.
- ColourPop Lippie Primer $6 (sale $4.20) This is supposed to keep the lipstick in place and I think it does a decent job. I’m not disappointed with this, but I don’t think you HAVE to HAVE this in order to wear the lippie stix.
- ColourPop Super Shock Blush in Aphrodisiac $8 Claims: “weightless, healthy flush.” Uhhhhhh I LOVE THIS AND I AM NEVER GOING BACK! The texture is so weird and amazing.. it is super light and creamy, but not creamy creamy. It goes on smooth, builds up well, and in this awesome shade – gives the perfect flush. I was worried about a brownish blush, but DAMN it’s perfect. I was getting tired of pinks that make me look like I’m having a heat stroke or like I got hit with a child’s makeup blush. I highly recommend their super shock products and particularly this color.
- ColourPop By The Bushel lippie prep kit $14 (sale $12) This includes a lovely strawberry flavored lip balm and a sugar lip scrub. I love both of them! The lip balm is the best I’ve used haha It’s not gunky or waxy or whatever. It goes on so smooth and stays smooth. I feel like I’m getting real hydration.
- ColourPop All Star Primer $10 Claims: matte finish and minimizes pores. So, I have mixed emotions about this one. It goes on nicely and feels very smooth. BUT it doesn’t keep my makeup in place. I’m not gonna say it doesn’t work at all, but I think it doesn’t work for me. It’s about the same cost as an e.l.f. primer so give it a go and see what you think.
- Fourth Ray Beauty Watermelon Face Milk $10 Claims: hydration and balance skin (whatever that means) I actually really like this one. I am not sure it’s the right thing for my skin, but I do not think its bad for it either. I put it in the fridge and chill it before use which is Heavenly. It has a nice scent and feels really refreshing on the skin. I use this instead of a moisturizing lotion.
- ColourPop Super Shock Shadow in Birthday Treat $0.00 (this was a free gift as part of their birthday promotion) I wish they sold this! It’s a nice light reddish color and perfect for summer. Also the formula is amazing just like the blush.
- Physicians Formula Organic Wear Fake Out Mascara $13 (I thought I paid $7 but the website says $12.99) Claims: Smudge and flake proof and false lash impersonating. I actually like this mascara and I think it is worth a try. It kind of smells like honey to me haha The formula is thicker than the e.l.f. ones I’ve been using which was a nice change, but I don’t like the applicator as much. The application isn’t as great, but the quality might actually be better. I get a pretty dramatic lash out of this and it boarders on clumpy if I’m not careful. Overall I’m pretty happy with it and I’ll probably pick it up again – I might give their other one a try too at some point. I did not have high hopes, but once again Physicians Formula has proven as a contender in the drugstore market.
- e.l.f. Cosmetics Shape and Stay Brow Pencil $2 Claims: Colorless wax holds brows in shape. This does do what it says, but as I wear it throughout the day the wax looses hold. I still like it for the price and since I’m not ready to jump into filling my eyebrows in again.
- e.l.f. Cosmetics Eyeliner Pen $2 This is a pretty run of the mill eyeliner, I’m not floored nor am I disappointed. I am terrible with eyeliner so this was the right price for a practice tube haha